Thursday, September 27, 2012

Transportation Vehicles

What if we could make our own transportation vehicle to travel to school in? Would it have tires and ride on the ground? Would it have wings and fly you to school?

Inspired by a lesson I stumbled upon on the internet (I have looked and can't seem to find the source, but if you've seen this lesson, please comment the source so I can link it), I had my 2nd grade students at my student teaching placement create their invented vehicles out of collaged colored paper. Once we all finished our vehicles, we created a collaborative background mural using tire rollers and sponges to print the ground and sky. Then we added collage buildings and taped our vehicles to their environment.

Supplies
* Various colors of construction paper
* Glue sticks
* Scissors
* Construction paper crayons
* Large paper for the background
* black and white tempera paint
* Sponges, rollers, and anything else to print with











No comments:

Post a Comment